- This event has passed.
Building Trustworthiness in PCORnet
March 28, 2016 - March 29, 2016| Free
Join the Conversation! Tweet your thoughts using #BuildingTrust.
Follow @PCORnetwork for live updates from the event.
In clinical research, we often ask: why don’t they trust us? This puts the burden on the patient/participant. Instead, the question is: how are we trustworthy? Together we will explore this question.
PCORnet is hosting a dynamic workshop to begin a critical dialogue about ethics, trust, and engagement, not just for PCORnet, but clinical research overall. Presenters will catalyze a broad dialogue about these issues by listening deeply to communities (the experts in this topic) and examining examples from inside and outside of health. The sessions will foster meaningful discussion through provocative, brief presentations, and the participants will have the major role. Click here to review the agenda.
At the workshop, attendees will work together to:
- Describe the characteristics of trustworthy engagement.
- Examine successes and failures in building trustworthiness in research initiatives.
- Begin a robust dialogue around trustworthiness within PCORnet.
- Create recommendations for PCORnet and its stakeholders.
- Create recommendations for the networks and stakeholders that comprise PCORnet.
Who should attend?
Patients, caregivers, clinicians, industry, advocacy groups, the research community, PCORnet’s partner networks, and the broader public are invited to participate in this workshop.
How to participate
To reserve your seat, please click on the registration link. Registration is free.
Webcast is available for those who cannot attend in person.
The event will be held at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park at 2660 Woodley Rd NW, Washington, DC 20008
Please use one of the following methods to make your reservation:
- ONLINE at: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/2887e6c7
- BY PHONE: 1-877-212-5752 and reference the “Public Trustworthiness” event for the group rate
PCORI will provide breakfast and lunch on March 28 and 29.